Wednesday 27 October 2010

Review: Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub

I was very reluctant to use this, I can't think why..it's not like I had a million scrubs to get through first..I finally manned up and decided to use it..that was a few weeks ago.

The packaging (as per usual) deserves a mention.  This is the first facial scrub I've used which comes in a glass tub..which I think is a double edged sword.  The glass is not good for butterfingers like me but the tub is brilliant because you get to use every last grain.

The scrub itself is in a solid form.  Scooping it out is not a problem, it's quite soft and it doesn't really stick under your nails.  You just scoop out "one fingers worth" ( whatever comes out on the tip of one finger).  It doesn't say how much you need so there is a bit of guesswork involved but it takes about two or three turns to figure out how much is right for your skin.

I can't put my finger on what it smells like but I know I've smelt it before.  It's like spicy warm oranges with an earthy goodnes..but definitely not soily.  It's a very comforting smell, not synthetic at all.

It mixes very easily with water in your palm and the scrubby grains start rolling out so you can feel them.  They don't feel very harsh at all, they're like little round pods with a slight edge..

It's easy to transfer them over to your face and have a good clean.  The scrubbies are quite large so you can see and feel them rolling over your skin, the scrub isn't harsh at all.  Talking of that, I think I've come to a realisation..harsh scrubs don't work for me anymore.  I've noticed that the more gentle ones do leave my skin clean and they leave some moisture behind and that is what you want. 

This scrub left me with clean, soft skin and I think it would work well for most people with the same skin type as mine.  I'd go as far as to say that this actually left my skin glowing..which is something that is hard to achieve with combination skin without looking like you're actually oilier than when you started out.  

Retail price varies, mine was £3.50, I don't think it still costs the same but you can buy it from here.

3 comments:

  1. My works mate LOVES this stuff. I havent gotten around to trying it but I really ought to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love face scrubs and this sounds too good for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely right, this scrub proves that you don't need gravel to get get good exfoliation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments everyone! I do read each and every comment left and I try my best to answer any questions.

If you have a burning question and would like an in-depth/personal reply, feel free to email me at rhamnousia84@hotmail.co.uk or desigirldoesmakeup@hotmail.co.uk and I'll reply as soon as I can. You can also tweet me (@rhamnousia84) but you'll need to be following me if you want a reply via DM.

A quick note to any companies who come across my blog: Please do not use my comments section as a way to advertise your website. If you'd like to feature your site on my blog then please get in touch by emailing me at rhamnousia84@hotmail.co.uk.

Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails